Saturday, August 28, 2010

It’s that time of year again…

Back to School!!!  It’s a wonderful time of year.  Summer is wonderful too, but by the end nothing sounds better than a back to school routine.  :)  We have all survived the first week of bedtimes and early mornings.  The extracurricular activities have started already too.  Kaylee was back to swim team practice on the first day of school.  She has even joined the choir.  That hasn’t started yet, but will soon.  The boys are gearing up for baseball.  I have been L.O.V.I.N.G. the quiet during the day with just two at home.  Drew will start school this next week.  I have started exercising and cooking again.  It’s amazing what a little bit of down time can do.

We had a quick photo shoot before the kids left for school.  We don’t order school pictures.  I get their class photo, but not the individual ones.  So here are their school pictures for the year. 

Kaylee  Storyboard

I CAN NOT believe I have a 4th grader.  Seriously…where does the time go?  I remember being in 4th grade like it was yesterday.  Those memories are still fresh in my mind.  She is  so excited and is starting to feel like a big kid.  She loves her teachers.  I love her teachers too.  They are super fun and spunky!  Just what 4th graders need.  She is so good at making new friends while keeping the old ones.  She has already made a new friend that she is really excited about.  I think she is going to have a great year! 

Jake Storyboard 1

Ohhhhh…My cute little 2nd Grader!  I think he would die if he knew I said that.  He wouldn’t even give me a hug at school on the first day.  I didn’t let it hurt my feeling too much, but I asked him about it when he got home and he said,  “Moooom…That’s embarrassing!”  Oh Jake!  He has the same teachers Kaylee had in 2nd grade.  That happened in 1st Grade also.  Looks like he is following in his sisters footsteps.  I think that is always fun as the parent when they get the same teachers.  I hope it’s fun as the student. :)  Jake and Kaylee are so different, so it’s interesting to hear feedback from the teachers.  Jake is so cute at school.  As you walk down the hall with him he always has kids from all grades yelling hi.  I think he is going to have a blast this year. 

 K&J - 1 copy

 Another Year copy

No comments: